How To Get back on Google
A lot of businesses depend on the no. one search engine of the planet, Google for online promotional activities. But sometimes Google ban or suspend websites which failed to follow the rules and regulations provided by Google and this can be very dangerous for the websites which depend a lot on Google.
Sometimes Google does not even inform the site owners about the ban or suspension. They do it and hardly take them back in their good book again. So this is highly important for an internet marketer t know well about the Google’s rules. If a website got banned and does not show up in the Google search result then site owners or marketers should know the reasons first. There can be a lot of reason behind the ban but the tp reasons are:
- Robots and Meta Tags: Sometimes the rbot.txt file can be changed which prevent search engines to enter the website or the Meta tags are directing the search engines robots to drop the website. Site owners or marketers need to have a good look on these and solve the problem if needed. If a Meta tag contains this line: “” then search engines will never show the website into the result. Site owners who are facing problems should check the robot.txt file and meta tags at the very first to solve the problem.
- Clocking: Clocking is another serious offense considered by Google. A website which returns changed website pages to search engine crawling the website. Google has straight forward guideline about crawling and they will ban if any website is involved with crawling. So, if any website one type of content to the users and another content to search engines just to rank higher then Google may ban that website.
- Duplicate Contents: A website can be banned for duplicate contents. If Google finds any website which contains duplicate contents then Google may ban that website. If the data is original, still Google may ban those websites which have same contents. Website owners have to be very careful about duplicate contents.
- Keyword Spamming: Have a look on this sentence: “We sell the best Valentines Day flowers for Valentines Day. If you want to celebrate Valentines Day we can help with the best Valentines Day flowers in the town for valentines day”. This sentence is an example of keyword spamming. If any keyword is duplicated too often, Google may reduce the website’s ranking or simply suspend that website. So this is important not to spam the keywords in the content.
- Linking: Linking to a website which contains contents which are not appreciated by Google can be a reason for the ban. It is very important for the website owners to link with good websites and websites which are indexed with Google. Website owners or marketers should avoid websites for linking which promotes
- free for all type links
- pornographic contents
- gambling websites
If a website got banned from Google’s index then site owners or the marketers should take some necessary quick steps to recover the loss. Some steps can be:
- Canonical problem should be solved
- Delete and edit all the Meta tags.
- If any webpage contains duplicated information then this contents should be deleted
- Inform Google about the websites which hijacked contents from the website.
- Index page redirection
- Upgrade the website to a VPS to the own dedicated IP address.
This is not a must to submit a request to Google after doing all these corrections. Google will spider the website again and then re-index it eventually. But if someone wants then they can send a support ticket to accelerate the process.