Ranking within Google’s local search isn’t easy, but many business understand its importance. According to Search Engine Land, local searches lead 50% of mobile visitors to visit stores within one day. This means ranking within mobile local searches can yield customers coming into your brick and mortar. Missing out on these types of numbers can drastically impact a business’s revenue.
What can you do to rank better in Google local search?
There’s many steps to increasing your rankings within local Google searches and your campaign should always be growing and adopting. However, we can give you some simple tips that can increase visibility to your site. Submitting your site to business directories can have great impacts on your search rankings. Every site carries different weight when it comes to influencing search engines. The list below our 25 sites we recommend listing your site.
- FourSquare – 50 million people use FourSquare, and 2 million businesses are listed, get your business in front of these users.
- Yelp – Each month nearly 145 million unique users use Yelp.
- Google Business – If you want to rank on a search engine’s list you should probably be listed on that search engine’s business list, right?
- Manta – Once you’re site is listed you have the option to promote your business to get in front of more users.
- HotFrog – Each day 594 businesses are added to the site. Don’t get left behind.
- MyLocally – Created by SEO experts, the site can help get a business on page one for Google local searches. It’s a free listing, which many business owners like to hear.
- EZlocal – Not only do they offer a free local listing for businesses, they also offer other services such as map optimization and banner ads.
- ShowMeLocal – 19+ million businesses listed, 678,000+ claimed listings, and 307,000+ user reviews.
- Advertise Local – 3 simple steps to get your site listed. Get a premium listing and get some extras that include a logo, 5 photos, and listed in multiple categories.
- Dex Knows – Make your profile, add/update information, add images, and response to customer reviews.
- Merchant Circle – Provide coupons and deals to your customers. A simple and easy way to get new customers into your business.
- Yellow Pages – From thick phone books to 19 million businesses listed. Yellow Pages has adapted to technology changes and is still relevant today.
- Facebook – The number one used social media site in the world, get your business listed immediately!
- White Pages – Find people, businesses, reverse phone lookup, and even reverse address lookup.
- SuperPages – Create a free listing, but to really stand out and drive more customers, utilize their pay per click options.
- Citysearch – Citysearch makes it easy for customers to find your business because of the specific categories they have created.
- eBusinessPages – Free listing or premium listing, either one will help both customers and search engines see your site.
- Kudzu – Not only can you get your site listed, but you can help provide content on a number of categories and industries. This helps show you’re an expert in your field.
- Bing Places – Similar to Google, Bing Places takes only 3 simple steps to get listed, why wouldn’t you take advantage of it?
- LinkedIN – Many people don’t consider LinkedIN a place for a business listing. It’s an easy way to keep people updated on things happening with the business.
- Upspring – Only 15 minutes to sign up and you’ll have your business in front of potential customers.
- Yellow Book – Search businesses or people with the simple user interface. Browse by location or category.
- Discover Our Town – This is primarily related to travel, so not all businesses will be applicable to be listed here.
- US Directory – The goal for US Directory is to provide consumers with access to relevant products and services.
- CityInsider – Local reviews by local pros.
Getting your site listed on these sites can help your rankings increase, however you’ll need to do more. These are a great first step, but you’ll need to develop a full SEO marketing campaign aimed at increasing ranking and bringing in new customers. If you would like to see what Adficient can do for your local listings contact us for information.