A planned out content marketing campaign takes time and changes throughout its course. However, there are daily activities that content marketers should take part in each day to stay on top of the competition. The following list of habits can help content creators stay on top and see their campaigns succeed.
Six daily tips to being a successful content writer
- Read an article related to content creation – Everyday digital marketing websites launch a number of different articles based on an array of different categories. Each day successful content creators read at the very least one article related to their trade. Digital marketing is always changing and it’s necessary for marketers to stay up to speed on trends. These articles can help content creators implement new ideas and concepts to their strategies.
- Read an article related to your site’s industry – If you’re an agency working with multiple sites throughout different industries or working in house on one designated website it’s important to read the latest news related to the industry. This can help marketers see what is happening elsewhere in the industry and aid in the creation of new content. Writing content that is related to news and trends in an industry is content that is beneficial to readers and followers. This type of content gives others a perspective of what is trending within a certain field. Also, news on a site like this is more likely to be picked up by sources like Google News, resulting in additional visibility.
- Review group social media posts – Actively checking social media groups can aid in the creation process of new content. Search social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIN within the group section, join the groups, and check daily for new content ideas. Other marketers utilize these groups to ask questions and share their thoughts on the industry.
- Revisit previous content – Content marketers often get dragged down worrying about creating new content. In many cases websites have a plethora of content they have created over the years, often it’s still relevant. Informed content creators take the time daily to revisit some of their older articles. They take the time to share these on social media, send it to related blogs, and other industry leaders. If the content is out of date it can be beneficial to update the content with new thoughts. The page is already indexed, has page authority, and even rankings, making it a perfect candidate for an update.
- Share your content – Most marketers share their latest post, which can be anywhere from once a week to once a month. It’s common to share the most recent article once it goes live, then never revisit it again. Each day content creators should be active on social media for at least 20 to 30 minutes. This includes sharing articles, commenting on posts, and providing answers to others. It doesn’t have to be on the company’s or client’s social media account, writers should have personal accounts where they can interact with others.
- Take breaks – It’s easy to get bogged down when it comes to writing, and without a break you may end up wasting more time than you realize. there’s lots of ways to overcome writer’s block and one of the best ways is to simply take a break. A quick walk or just 15 to 20 minutes away from the computer can help reset the brain and regain your focus.